Learn how to hand-weave your own tapestry on a frame loom. This hands-on workshop will introduce you to the art of woven tapestry. You will learn fundamental weaving techniques, from selecting the materials to building a frame loom, and creating woven designs. You will explore various techniques of plain weave, slit tapestry, hatching, shape-building, and knotting, as well as finishing techniques. By the end of the program, you will have developed an awareness of the creative potential of tapestry and textile arts.
*There are no scheduled sessions for this workshop this Fall. Please check back for updates*
Through successful completion of this course, you'll be able to:
- Develop an understanding of the different elements and processes in frame loom tapestry weaving
- Apply fundamental shape-building and colour-blending techniques
- Employ a variety of methods toward idea development, design illustration and weaving
- Demonstrate an understanding of the creative potential of tapestry
- Engage in critique processes constructively and collaboratively