Discover how sustainable and human-centred design can positively impact the world around us. This studio introduces the core values, application and potential of Industrial Design through prototyping and case studies of product design. You will learn technical drawing, CAD software, and model-making alongside principles of accessibility, ergonomics, material innovation and ecological concerns.
The Industrial Design studio runs on campus July 4-29, 2022, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, from 9am-4pm (Pacific Daylight Time, GMT -7). This studio is offered through the Summer Institute for Teens 2022. Please visit the Summer Institute for Teens main page to learn more about the program and access the registration webforms.
Through successful completion of this studio, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the design process and its application to industrial design
- Apply fundamental technical drafting and scale drawing skills
- Experiment with and develop visual ideas in 2D
- Manipulate shapes & forms in 3D
- Employ fundamental model making techniques in a range of materials
- Understand and employ mold making and casting techniques
- Consider lighting and composition toward creating photographic documentation of models and other subjects
Materials & Resources
Students participating in SIT will need to source their own supplies for their registered studio.
Full list of supplies will be available by May 1st, 2022
Estimate cost of supplies: $100-$120
*ECU will provide access to the required softwares.